Mindful, meaningful sexual activity can result in exquisite pleasure. Sexuality is an intimate aspect of our spirituality and conscious sexuality can be a wondrous journey.
The Dagara tribe in West Africa does not have words for “having sex.” Their language equivalent is “going on a journey together.” Conscious sexuality can be a wondrous journey. Choosing to honor our bodies and to act in a mindful manner can add much joy and satisfaction to this sacred part of our lives.
Kahlil Gibran wrote, “Your body is the harp of your soul, and it is yours to bring forth sweet music from it or confused sounds.” Enjoy your melody!
Enjoy these seven sacred ways to ecstatically enjoy conscious sexuality
with yourself or a partner.
7 Sacred Ways to Ecstatically Enjoy Conscious Sexuality
1. Know what you are saying yes to.
2. Treat your body like the temple it is.
3. Love, explore, and know your body. Keep it as healthy as possible. Know what kind of touch turns you on. Practice and enjoy touching yourself if that feels right to you. If you have a partner, ask what turns him or her on. If it’s comfortable for both of you, doesn’t hurt anyone, and honors your spiritual beliefs, try it!
4. When and if you are ready, forgive anyone who caused you sexual pain and suffering. Incest, rape, and abuse are horrid crimes that leave unseen marks on the soul. There are amazing stories of people who have survived and even thrived after traveling their own healing path to the other side of the pain. Seek professional and divine support. You deserve to ecstatically enjoy conscious sexuality.
5. If you have a beloved partner, revel in honest and intimate communication. Enjoy being thankful for the results. Tenderly and truthfully expressing what you sexually like or don’t like can be the best foreplay and after-play there is.
6. Orgasms don’t last as long as foreplay and the after-glow. Revel in it all!
Sacred Sexuality: Letting Love Lead the Way with Susan Tate Sacred Emergence Podcast with Michelle Wong