Written especially for you by
These side effects have been reported to me by many, many of my Nia students throughout the almost two decades I have been teaching Nia. And, I am happy to report, I have experienced everything on this list because of my practice of The Nia Technique*.
Potential (& Joyful) Side Effects of Nia
1. Increased bouts of peace and decreased feelings of stress
2. Frequent episodes of smiling
3. Improved muscle tone and a stronger immune system
4. Greater flexibility, agility, and cardiovascular conditioning
5. Recurring feelings of pleasure as you move and truly live in your body
6. Cracking up at how fun it feels to dance with Joy
7. An expanded sense of enjoyment of body/mind/spirit/emotion integration
8. An increased sense of body awareness, gratitude, and grace
9. A delightful expansion of cognitive function
10. An appreciation for the power of social connections that creates a loving
web of community support
11. Being pleasantly surprised at the gifts of the healing power of emotional release
12. A real possibility of improved postural alignment, greater balance,
shape-shifting (weight loss) and you might even grow taller
13. An amplified awareness of sexual delight
14. An increased sense of your endurance and strength
15. Joyful experience of more energy, better circulation, and better concentration
16. A refusal to engage in self-rejection
17. A noticeable increase in the loving words you use when you talk about (or to) to your body
18. Increased feelings of relaxation and sensory awareness
19. An empowered sense of remembering who you really are
20. In rare cases, you may find yourself dancing in the grocery store
If you experience any of these side-effects, please continue to enjoy doing Nia!
Nia is only one part of a complete program of caring for your body, mind, spirit, and emotions. You are advised to listen to your intuition to see what other
joyful activities can be added to your life!
To find out more about my Nia classes: www.susantate.org/nia
To enjoy 15 days of free Nia classes at home, check out my affiliate link: NiaTV
To find a class in your part of the world: www.nianow.com
Photograph provided by Nia Technique (www.nianow.com).
*Disclaimer: This information is provided for educational purposes only. Always consult your physician before beginning any exercise program. This general information is not intended to diagnose any medical condition or to replace your healthcare professional. Consult with your healthcare professional to design an appropriate exercise prescription.
©2000 – 2020 Susan Tate