We have the choice to shower ourselves and our world with love or fear. I’m choosing love. How about you?
We are living in extraordinary times. Clearly, it is important to know about things that can keep us safe. But what is being splashed in front of us at a rapid rate is repeatedly fearful information aimed at keeping us on edge.
I’ve shared these “Ways to Choose Radical Love Over Fear” in the past but I needed to be reminded so I thought you’d find them supportive too.
- Notice when worry or fear creeps into your thinking. Observe the fear, release it as you exhale, and then breathe in love instead. Repeat if necessary.
- Pray, meditate, chant, or sing.
- Observe and give gratitude when sacred peace envelops you.
- When fear invades your thinking, move your body. Walk, run, swim, dance, bike, do Nia, yoga or other physical activities that create endorphins from your body’s inner pharmacy. If you move through your day in a wheelchair, take time to get outside and connect your wheels to the earth and breathe in love.
- Observe your tendency to judge others and gradually lose interest in doing so.
- Be the place where radical love shows up.
- Notice your surroundings and the people in it with appreciation. This may result in being more accepting of people who don’t think, look, or act like you.
- Choose to no longer view the “other” as “other.”
- If you watch or read the news, use it to support your prayer practice. And then spread good news whenever you can.
- Forgive someone. Feel free to put yourself at the top of your list.
- Choose love.
Posted November 5, 2018
©2000 – 2019 Susan Tate